Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 10:46:47 +0730

At 04:47 AM 5/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 22/05/97 20:13:18, oki_at_... (oki@...)
>writes:
>
><<
>In the new white dwarf they have included a white scars detachment sheet and
>a special White scars rule - they can always retreat from a firefight/combat,
>even if they win, to represent their hit and run tactics.

Thanks for info. But what are the benefits of retreating from a
firefight/combat when you are winning ?

> However, I personaly and very annoyed at this. Its the third article
>published on space marines, and already includes 3 new specializations (space
>wolves, dark angels and white scars) - something they said they would never
>do. It also includes the emperors tarot, an alternate set of fate cards for
>the imperium that is FAR superior to the ones in the game.

Yup, I would think the craftworlds, the Tyranids and the Orks would have
even more chances to evolve from the original template.

> Why have they got this thing about space marines at GW? Do they fantasize
>about them? They have neglected all the other races in 40K, whilst the space
>marines have 3 codexes, and it now looks like they are doing the same in epic
>40K.

SM are hoomies of course. And beside with only 1000000 SM guarding the
galaxy, they need all the help they can get :)
BTW one does not fantasise about SM, one fantasises of Sororitas. Get that
straight !! :P

> You can guess I have just heard that Eldar arnt coming out till Novemeber,
>presumably to catch the Chrimbo sales.

BTW what is Chrimbo sales ?

Regards
Oki