Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: E. Sund <esund_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 22:12:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 24 May 1997, A. Allen McCarley wrote:

> effects

> >> Fortunately, Temp never does anything like this when we play. He just
> breaks
> >> into song whenever he hears the word "commisar." (No air guitars yet.)
> >>

> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >> Allen (The Q&A guy)
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >
> > You mean "alles klar der kommissar"?
> >
> > E.S.
>
> Actually, I believe it's a bastardization of a song by The Cult. "Don't turn
> Around" or something like that. Of course, in EPIC40K Temp is up on me two
> victories to one. Perhaps I should take up singing. Hey, anything that
> works....

Yeah, that's it!

Don't turn around (oh oh oh)
Der Kommissar's in town

und so weiter

at one point in the "song" the "singer" says "alles klar der komissar",
which doesn't make complete sense. Heh, that song was funny the first
couple times I heard it in a battle. But as music it has not much merit.
(that's IMHO)

E. Sund