Re: [Epic] Guard Stands

From: Patrik Carlsson <f94pc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 17:10:12 +0200

A. Allen McCarley wrote:

> I've a question for all you WH40K players out there. (Stop cowering and
> come on out; I know you're there!) How are guard squads comprised in
> 40K? Marines seem to come with one heavy weapon per squad for tacticals,
> and 4 per squad for devastators. Or at least that's how they seem to
> be on the new E40K stands.
>
> When making IG stands, should I mix in some heavy weapons with the tactical
> stands? If so then how many per squad? How many per stand when buying
> IG Heavy units?
>
> Thanks for any advice you can offer.

> Allen (The Q&A guy)
> Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
> http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
> If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
> in the rule books, send them to:
> allen_at_...
> They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.

Since the new IG minis are yet to bee seen I think that
they plan to change them like they have done in 40K.
Heavy weapons will probably be small cannons like the
orks pewter figures so whatever you do with your old
lascannons are up to you since noone will have anything
to compare with.
I believe IG in 40k are strictly split up into heavy detachments
with those cannons and normal troopers, so you will have
to decide if you want troopers and use the guns there or
heavies and use them there.

        Patrik Carlsson
                f94pc_at_...
                        http://www.efd.lth.se/~f94pc/epic/