[Epic] Ultracricket

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 14:46:41 +1000 (EST)

> E-mail cricket? This I gotta see. I mean, sure, cricket is
>far better than baseball (not hard. I played on the school cricket
>team in high school, so I know about both sports. I doubt that you
>can be overweight, 40 years old, and still be a pro cricket
>player...If you can, I'll have to reconsider my previous statement due
>to a a sudden lack of respect for the sport. The only sport I'll
>accept such people as professionals is golf.) but what the heck is
>e-mail cricket about?

The game is called Ultracricket and is run by Tim Astley, a really smart guy.
The Net address is http://diana.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~ta/uc_home.html
The game is complex enough to be very similar to real cricket and a lot of
damn fun. Best game I've ever found on the net. All the info you need is
there. A new season is about 6 weeks or so away.

Oh and there are 40 year old overweight pro cricketers. They play in England
in the county system. Oh and I don't know if golf is really a sport. Not
exactly taxing on the heart, but still a highly skilled game.

>Mark

                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
                   "He dosen't know what he wants.