[Epic] First Epic 40k Battle : STOP!

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 01:31:19 PDT

Salutations,

OK, this mail will be the last I will send about this topic.

There are a lot of guys who wanted to speak about French nuclear

tests and about "l'Affaire Greenpeace".

Yes, I'm French and I'm proud of my country.
No, I didn't take any decision about the nuclear tests and about the

attack against the Greenpeace boat.

I'm please to be able to discuss on these subjects with foreign

people because during the nuclear tests campaign I've heard a lot of

bad things about France and I coul not answer.
Many people thought that these tests were not useful (and I'm not

sure that they were useful) but who are we to say that? I'm sorry but

I'm just a little student of computer science, I don't know anything

about nuclear weapons... My govermnent have decided to make these

tests in order to create a computer simulation, now there is no need

to make any other nuclear test, France has just signed a anti nuclear

treaty (sorry I don't remember its title) and have stop nuclear

tests... Great Britain and the United States have their own

simulation and we want to keep our independance from these countries,

with our simulation we can have our own policy! The tests were not a

try to intimidate (is this English?) Autralia or other countries, we

just want to protect ourself (I'm sorry but we can be afraid,

Australia is far from Albania or ex-Yougoslavia but France is not so

far...). We are peaceful country, do you know how many French

soldiers died in ex-Yougoslavia to protect peace when politicians

were discussing in New-York to decide if blue-helmets had to fire

against snipers? We sent one thousand of our soldiers to save the

peace in Albania... We love peace in France but we don't want to be

without any good defense and the nuclear one is the best...

L'Affaire Greenpeace... Euh! I can't say anything, as A. Brain said

(and I must say that he is a very intelligent guy) stupidity can be

found in any country. Just a word to say that I don't think that our

services planed to deliver our agents with the orders to kill

innocent people...

"Ze French arrogance"? This is a stupid image of France. There is

arrogance in Australia, in Great Britain, in the United States and in

France too, it's not a only a French default...

To A. Brain :
I'm very happy to have such a discussion with you, you have a very

good behaviour Australia can be proud to have some open minded

people as you!

Merci de m'avoir ecoute.

And now let's go back to Epic 40k!

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my page :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/