Re: [Epic] Q&A 2 (and notes)

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:07:49 +0100

Peacekeeper-� wrote:

> Observation:With the flyer damage rules Thunderhawks(and any flyer with a 6 armour) are a safe investemt, as they are not likely to be shot down.

Yes, but just one hit sends them home damaged, and it'll be out for two
wj=hole turns (plus the aborted mission, and thats 80 points you're
missing for 3 whole turns).

> Q:(In Q&A Form:) If a Death Ray or Anti-Tank Weapon fires at a Flyer what value is used for determining if the flyer is damaged or destroyed. The rules role a dice, if it is less than the armour value the flyer is destroyed, otherwise it is damaged. The Anti-Tank(Death ray) weapon rules stay it treats the armour of the target as always being a 4(2).
>
> a)Roll a 4+(2+) to destroy the flyer.
> b)Use the flyers normal armour value.

I assume this is snap fire. Roll a 4+(2+) to hit the flyer. This will
abort the mission if a hit is scored. Then if a hit was scored, roll
again - roll 4+(2+) to destroy the flyer, otherwise it returns home
damaged and can fly another mission after being repaired. As per the
rules on page 48 (hits on flyers) and 32/33 - AT(DR) shots treat the
target'sn armour as 4(2).

Richard
Perhaps I've missed something in the rules, but