Re: [Epic] 5th Element, Starship Troopers

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 07:42:41 -0500

At 09:36 AM 5/26/97 +1000, you wrote:

>Have I detected someone who doesn't think Starship Troopers is one of the
>classics of science fiction. I think I'll contact the Inquisition :P

It's really more Heinlein in general. Basically, I think the guy wrote
extremely clean and elegant prose, but was otherwise clueless about plot,
characterization, subplots, or any other of the subtleties of writing
novels; particularly characterization. He substitutes his peculiar brand of
"Rah! for us!" didactic crap for virtually all the more complex elements.

Temp