Re: [Epic][E40K]FAQ proposal

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:03:37 -0400

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> But anyways, the point is, many of us feel that A is the
> correct answer, as far as spirit of the rules go.

        Spirit of the rules? I don't see any spirit in these
rules that would indicate either answer.

        Going back and looking at the Rules Book, I have to
admit the answer to the original question is much more unclear
than I thought it was. The bit about 'penalties for blast
markers' is sandwiched between the 'placing blast markers'
section and the 'working out casualties' section, but no
mention is actually made of when to take the penalties. I
would say that it is implied you should subtract BMs from your
FP right before you look up the # of dice on the chart, ie
after you've totalled up all your FP that is in range. But
this is not explicitly stated, so maybe this is a valid Q
(although I doubt we'd get a clear answer out of Jervis on
this one).

Scott
shupes_at_...