Re: [Epic] Re: No Subject

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:10:21 -0700

Ken Taborek wrote:

> I don't agree with this at all. It is ridiculous to assume that, for
> instance, a Imperator Titan reduced to 1 DC is actually lighter at that
> point than a Shadowsword. Damage is damage, it doesn't reduce mass, just
> re-arranges it a little :)
>
> --Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
> "Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune

I refuse to defend games workshop on the issue of making logical sense.
I would however, note that the premise of titans (and lifta-droppas) is
fairly ridiculous to begin with.

I do however think that the rules on p.34, p.41 are pretty clear and
that a damaged war machine can be dropped; the lifta droppa rolls higher
than a targets DC and DC is reduced by damage.

Someone else noted that the damage capacity in question isn't clearly
defined as being either starting damage capacity or reduced damage
capacity. In some cases it is, as in the number of units that can
assault a war machine. I think, however, it would be reading things
into the rules in this case to assume they meant other than what was
printed. As we all know, the rules in general would benefit from a more
rigid structure and clearer syntax.

-Lemm