Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: Anders Persson <apersson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 10:36:01 +0200

----------
From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K
Date: 28. maj 1997 17.41

At 05:00 AM 5/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 27/05/97 11:40:38, duckrvr_at_... writes:
>
><<
> Yikes again. Perchance, does the IG player have to keep all of these in
the
> deck when he draws? At least that would give a significant chance of
having
> worthless cards.
> >>

>No its okay, they all seconadry uses - ofr the anti specific army ones,
its
>either a reroll, or in the case of the eldar card, you can draw another.
>
>You didnt actually think there would be penalties for using these cards
did
>you?!?!?
>That would make them fair!!!
>
>BTW, the 1/2 firepower card lasts for one phase only, and the lose D6
blast
>markers can be played at any time...
>
>k.a.

It appears to me that the cards aren't that off balance.
True, a lucky player may in theory end up with an explosive combination,
but this might as well happen in an ordinary game.

- The Imperial player will propably be stuck with a card that is useless
against the opponent he is up against, and is forced to use its alternative
power.
- Some of the cards have reduced effect. As i recall the new version of
"foiled again.." does not allow the card to be played again.

I think the cards are in character in many situations, and will propably be
using them in our current campaign where my small outpost of marines led by
an inquisitor are helping defend an imperial planet against Eldar attacks
(anyone read "Inquisitor"). But, I dont think my small forces of PD troops
scattered around the continent will have access to the Imperial Tarot when
they are ambushed by Eldar wind riders, or besieged by warhost of
guardians.

Except for Eldar and the Imperium all forces of the old EPIC had cards of
this kind (Orks, Chaos and Tyranids atleast). Most of theese cards is still
valid in some form. Try Them. You might have to be a bit creative, but the
meaning of "Bio-assasin" or "Red Paint Job" is quite clear.

apersson :o)