Re: [Epic] english-->american translation

From: Keith Laidlaw <k.laidlaw_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 97 15:24:13 gmt

     You use washing up liquid to wash dishes with (NOT the Dishwasher
     stuff, the 'do it yourself stuff').

     I believe that 'bloody' is a corruption of 'By our Lady' - referring
     to the Virgin Mary.

     Keith

Subject: [Epic] english-->american translation
Author: space-marine_at_... at internet-gateway
Date: 29/05/97 14:42

I was reading Robin Dews article on modular terrain and he talked about
mixing a spoonful of "washing up liquid" in with glue. Would someone from
across the pond let me know what this liquid is? I think it's either laundry
detergent, dish washing liquid or liquid hand soap. I'm not sure though and
I was wondering. If you could include the meaning of bloody in my education too
that would be great. That's another one that I've wondered about for a while.
thanks,
John