RE: [Epic] english-->american translation

From: Philip Nixon <philip.nixon_at_nda.n-i.nhs.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 15:24:06 +0100

I was reading Robin Dews article on modular terrain and he talked about
mixing a spoonful of "washing up liquid" in with glue. Would someone
from
across the pond let me know what this liquid is? I think it's either
laundry
detergent, dish washing liquid or liquid hand soap. I'm not sure though
and
I was wondering. If you could include the meaning of bloody in my
education too
that would be great. That's another one that I've wondered about for a
while.
thanks,
John

Washing up liquid = dish washing liquid , not dishwasher liquid (or
tablets)
sort always green in colouration sorry coloration <g>
for "bloody" read "damned" "blasted" "cursed"
or any other acceptable euphimism of a swear word

Have a nice day y'all

Phil
<g>