[Epic] Space Marine bias?

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 09:24:04 +1000 (EST)

>Final point - I obvoisuly am not alone on this one (for a change :-)) - look
>at the space wolf jokes that appeared as soon as the new detachments were
>released...
>
>Very final point - if every army gets a couple of slightly different
>detachments, and fate deck then everything should be okay - its just whether
>they do that. Based on past evidence, its likely only space marines will get
>these add-ons...
>
>I live in hope...

Just a point about this. Always, always, always expect that the SM lists
will be catered to before any other army, and far more excessively. From a
guy that used to work for GW I found out that SM sold about 60% of the total
40K minatures. Of all the different armies they make over half of their
sales on the marines. And remember that this is GW we are talking about, so
they will pander to their market and make Marines the best and most covered
so as to encourage sales. Besides they changed epic to drag in 40K players,
most being marine players, so expect them to do what they are doing. Of
course this means that the orks and bugs are screwed, only the squats
getting a worse deal. I'm afraid that if your army is not so popular then
you will be waiting a hell of a long time (if ever) to get any support.

(Long suffering 40K squat player)

>k.a.

                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach