RE: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: Philip Nixon <philip.nixon_at_nda.n-i.nhs.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:40:43 +0100

> Remember, they always have a boxed set add-on for the "Big Box"
games
> within a year (usually a lot less) full of complicating things they
> didn't fit into the basic set. Look at: The last 2 versions of Fantasy,
> the current 40K, Man-O-War, Necromunda, & Talisman. Epic 2nd ed and
> Warhammer Quest followed a slightly different pattern, but they still
> have add-on boxes, so expect at least one.

I think that was more a marketing ploy
than forgetting to put things in the main game
Buy the game �40 - �50
play the basic game
play the basic game with advanced rules
Buy the add on �15 - �20
play the basic game with some more advanced rules
oh and get lots of nice cards and a template or two
It's no longer producing rules and expansions for the
purpose of creating a popular series table top wargames
it's
we've got a popular series of table top wargames
let's make a killing on it and stop caring too much
that we started out trying to give people an affordable
enjoyable hobby that we really want to see work...
Still
they pretty much suceeded
how many people are there on this list
from how many countries round the world