RE: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: Peacekeeper-� <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 18:17:08 -0400

Very final point - if every army gets a couple of slightly different
detac=
hments, and fate deck then everything should be okay - its just whether
the=
y do that. Based on past evidence, its likely only space marines will get
t=
hese add-ons...

Wasn't that the main gripe about epic 2ed? The fact that e=
very army had special rules ect. <grin> Had to say it. Hopefully we won't g=
o that way again. I thing, marines with rampage arn't that bad, you firefi=
ght them and everything within 15cm of your units dies.

I know I'm replyi=
ng to multiple post here but...

Played a 2000 point game wednesday, Marine=
s vs Eldar.
This was my first large game, all the other games I played bein=
g 500 points.
(Marines won.)

Highlights, notes and observations.
It was a =
meeting engagement with no formal mission.
In fact, we forgot to deploy obj=
ectives till after setup and
basicly played till we ran out of time, (i.e =
the store closed about 2 hours after we started.)

Yes, i'm, eldar.
1)Artil=
lary Rules! It efectivly prevents you from marching, because when you march=
 you are vulnerable to fire, as the attacker gets more dice and artillery c=
an take advantage of that. I spread out and still got massacred.

2) I use=
d 3 scorpions with mixed results. The variability of these units is annoyin=
g. For instance they never hit beyond the first turn of a 3 turn game. (Rol=
led a total of 3 1's for shots)

3)Putting a single anti-tank weapon is goo=
d. You inflic an extra blast marker on a 4+. (1 SHW, and you have to hit). =
It's a good thing death rays are limited to war machinges.

4)Took 4 night =
spinners. They did fairly well, inflicting 3 BM every turn. (1 for 4 weapon=
s and 2 hits).

q)Do you have to make a leadership test to move in the mov=
ement phase? We couldn't find anything either way. Part of the poblem I thi=
ng is that GW does not organize their rule books to well. I wish they would=
 devide it up into rules and background. (and have more background).

                                =
-james