Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 22:49:39 +0100

> > the core games. Necromunda IS dead, it just ain't stopped twitching
> > yet. And in 2 years time, E0k will go the same way.
>
> It was my understanding that they were planning on
> tunring Epic into one of the 'core' games.

That was what GW were saying prior to the game's release, dependant
upon its sales figures. They've gone quieter on the matter now, and
have started muttering that they have only 2 core games, WH and WH40k.
I believe that sales figures have not been as good as expected, and E40k
now finds itself back among the "around for 2 years" brigade.

 In any case, I've
> been playing Space Marine for more than 2 years, and E40k is
> the first revision in that time (TL doesn't count, it added
> a whopping 3 new rules and still depended on previous supplements
> to play). *shrug*

The rotational policy is one that has only really been planned as such
in the last 2 or 3 years. So Space Marine was to an extent never on the
list of 2-year games, as the list didn't at that time exist. But TL was
on that list, and dissappeared as scheduled. Warhammer Quest and
Necromunda will both disappear within 12 months. I don't know which
will be first, but in November the shelf space will be required for
Gorka Morka.

Richard