Re: [Epic] more thoughts on special chapters

From: <PAspin3551_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 15:39:54 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 31/05/97 07:27:57, dewsbery_at_... (Richard
Dewsbery) writes:

<<
> Also, the Death company are a bit too cheesy
> for my liking - space marines with assualt, save and rampage are a bit too
> good, especially for only 20 points! Give them jump packs, and your
away...

 Again, they cost an extra 5 points over standard marines. A fair deal
 on the face of it. (and is rampage really advisable for small
 detachments?)

No it isnt fair. Terminators cost 19 points, and get save. Death Company cost
20 points, and get save, assualt and rampage.
 Give them jumppacks or assulat pods and(or both) and you should be able to
inflict some nasty damage - also, rampage units are only destroyed if they
retreat from close combat, no a firefight, so they are just like normal space
marines in that respect.

Rampage isnt that bad - especially with assualt, jump packs and on space
marines!

k.a.