Re: [Epic] Crap minitures

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 14:21:38 +0800

At 10:30 AM 6/2/97 +1000, you wrote:
>OK the some of the new ones are nice, but why couldn't they redo all of
>them, like the marine captain, devastators, assualt, terminators and the
>bikes. The old style now stick out like dogs balls. And which idiot did
>the scouts? they are now noticably the biggest marines, when scouts become
>marines are their head's compressed back into their body cavity just so
>they can fit into their armour!
>What I want to see is metal character sprues, with various models liek
>wolfguard seagents, different devastator weapons, librarians and chaplains
>in termi armour different farseers I could go on, dare I say it but The
>Great Grubber GW could make a packet.

I really do not know about metal character. Even though GW has produced some
pretty good looking miniatures, so far their e40k metal trooper-miniatures
(Landspeeder, marine Predator tank commandeer (or is it Leman Russ tank ?)
are not exactly masterpieces.

And if they are released, how much more are they gonna cost (3 small
captains for 1 pounds ? Or heaven forbid, 1 capatin for 1 pound ? Be careful
of what you wish :) !

Still it is amazing that GW still recycle their old plastic mold (I might be
wrong here, but the Assault troopers look like the 2nd Ed Epic ones) and
still manage to charge higher for it. Maybe GW is still trying to recoup
money out of their expensive plastic miniatures mold.

Regards
Oki