Re: [Epic] coupla questions

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 16:23:30 -0400

Andy Skinner wrote:

> What are the various characters in the Space Marine infantry?
> >From picture labels, I can see one is a Librarian, one is a
> Chaplain. I know the Captain (used to be a commander), and the
> Sergeant (used to be a Captain, I think, from reading the old box).
> What is the guy with a big device hanging off his head? What is
> the guy who has a couple of doodads on his shoulders? Otherwise
> just looks like Mr. Tough Marine. Anybody else I ought to be aware
> of?

        Aside from the Chaplain & Librarian, there's a standard
bearer, Medic, and Techmarine. If you look at the painted SM HQ
stands in the books, the techmarine is the one painted red and
the medic is the one painted white (librarians are blue & chaplains
are black, but I'm sure you knew that already). If you can't
recognise the standard bearer...

> If I'm not interested in how Gavin Thorpe thinks I ought to play
> Space Marines,

        You're not?!? But... but... but... GW wouldn't print
it if it wasn't good advice! (and it's not as if Gav has a
reputation for recommeding illegal tactics or anything =)

> and don't plan to use any of the special chapters
> and don't like the sound of the Tarot, is there any reason to buy
> WD 209 or 210? I don't play any other GW games except Space Hulk.
> I got 208 as a preview, and the battle reports as help in figuring
> things out, and it included some reference cards, so it was some
> good.

        Don't know about 210, but 209 was a waste. E40k-related
inserts, I think, but otherwise useless.

Scott
shupes_at_...