Re: [Epic] E40K Squats -War Engines

From: Thomas Bloom <tbloom_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 12:11:14 -0500

>Super Heavy Vehicles
>====================
>Leviathan - as Imperial Leviathan
>
>Colossus - As Leviathan but:
>No transport capacity
>1 x Missile Rack (Front) Range 60cm Hvy Barrage
>Due to the targetting Gyrocopter attached to the Colossus (and
>neither armed nor seperable from it), both the MegaCannon and Missile
>Racks have the special ability "Artillery"
>
>Cyclops - As Leviathan but:
>No transport Capacity
>1 x Missile Rack (Front) Range 60cm Hvy Barrage
>MegaCannon is replaced by a Death Ray, Range 60cm, FP (1)
>
>Land Train
>Speed Voids Damage AF Special
>10cm 6 6 6 none
>Weapons:
> Megacannon (Front) 60cm
> Wpns Btry (all Round) 45cm FP4
>
>Plus 4 of:
>Close Combat
>Heavy Weapons Battery
>Vortex Missile
>MegaCannon
>

>Capitol
>Imperialis - As Leviathan, with the following changes:
>Damage is 12 not 8
>Void Shields 6 not 4
>Megacannon Range is 30cm not 60cm
>Weapons Battery Range is 30cm not 45cm
>Transport is 8 not 6
>Cost : 330 pts

>War Engine Detachment
>
>***COMMAND***
>none needed
>
>***MAIN FORCE***
>1 of the following:
>Leviathan 330 pts
>Colossus 330 pts
>Cyclops 330 pts
>Land Train 550 pts
>
>Alan

I'd consider raising the cost of the Colossus and Cyclops as dropping the
transport ability realy isn't that big of a loss. Also are the land train
stats for how many cars? Also you might consider making seperate Crit
charts for the Various engines as you can use that to represent how "tough"
they are. Some WE take catastropic damage sooner than others ect.

I'd think about making the LandTrain a Seperate Detachment. You buy the
Engine as its "command" and the cars as "Main Force" with berserkers
avalible as support if you buy the proper car.