Re: [Epic] E40K Squats - Tunnellers

From: Thomas Bloom <tbloom_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 12:26:31 -0500

>Squat Units - Vehicles - All Squat Vehicles are Stubborn
>======================
>Unit Speed Range FP AF Armour Special
>Termite 10cm - 0 0 5+ Transport(1),Tunneller
>Termite Carrier 20cm 0 0 4+
>Mole 10cm - 0 2 6+ Transport(2),Tunneller
>Mole Carrier 20cm 0 0 5+
>NOTE:
>Tunnellers:
>Tunnellers appear as per the rules on Drop Pods, but unlike
>Drop Pods which only carry one unit, may carry more. They are
>also slower (use the "Up to 30cm move" row on the availability
>table). Also unlike Drop Pods, they have some combat ability
>in their own right, and are treated exactly as normal units
>after appearance.
>
>Carriers are used only in scenarios such as "Ambush" where
>the Tunneller is carried on the carrier, otherwise
>they are left off-table by the Airbase (if any).
>Carriers on Special (!) Orders launch their Tunnellers in
>the movement phase. The next turn is counted as "Turn 1"
>for the purposes of reserves coming on.
>

>As a passing aside..... the following do not appear in any Squat
>Organisation, but are included for your edification.
>
>Other SHVs
>==========
> Move Armour Voids Dam AF Notes
>Hellebore 5cm 6+ 0 16 40 Transport(6),Tunneller
> -No Weapons
>Carrier 10cm 5+ 0 8 4
> -No Weapons
>Cost: 200 pts

>Squat Miner Union
>***COMMAND***
>1 Detachment HQ +25 pts
>
>Up to 1 Squat Warlord 20 pts
>Consists of 1 Squat Warrior (Hero)
>Extra to:
>Mount in a Termite +7 pts
>
>**MAIN FORCE**
>Choose up to 10 Squads
>
>Warrior Squad
>Consists of 1 Squat Warrior Unit 13 pts
>Extra to:
>Mount in a Mole +12 pts
>Mount in a Termite +7 pts
>Upgrade to Thunderers* (Hvy Weapons) +12 pts
>Upgrade to Berserkers* (Assault, Rampage) +2 pts
>
>Up to 1 Heathguard Squad
>Consists of 1 Squat Warrior Unit (Hero) 20 pts
>Extra to:
>Mount in a Termite +7 pts
>
>Alan

These I like! I'd have never thought of using drop pod rules, very
creative. The Hellbore seems overpriced. For a transport of 6 the t-hawk
costs only 80 points and is more acurate, and can deliver quite a bit of
FP. I'd tone down the AF to like 12 or so. I don't recall many Hellbores
taking out Imperators in 2nd ed. Then drop the points way down as well to
the 50-75 range. 'bout the same as 6 Termites or 3 Moles.

Thomas