Re: [Epic] E40K Squats - Points and Organization

From: Thomas Bloom <tbloom_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:58:42 -0500

Infantry- What you seem to have done was base them off Orc Boyz + stubboron
and Rapid Fire right?

I'd drop the Rapid Fire on the Thunders. FP of 4 for an infantry is way to
high. Drop the points to upgrade a squad (2 units) to +12. This puts them
at 1 point more than Orc shooty Boyz. Since they are (basicly) the same as
orc shooty Boyz + stubbron this seems right.

Support Weapons you have at 14 points. You used the same stats as the
SM/IG support weapon why not use the same points at 13 each?

Vehicles

Your Guild Bikers have the same stats as an SM bike so i'd use those points
(10 each) The Trikes are the same as the SM attack bike with a +1 AF. I'd
say 13 points would be enough.

Your Robots had a D3 AF. Any reason?

For the Goliath you used IG Siege guns, might as well use the same points
(54 pts. each)

You forgot to put the Thunderfire on your organization charts. I'd assume
it to be avalible as a Support opption for the Squat Warrior Detachment and
Squat Grand Battery at about 32 points.

I'd also drop the cost of the Iron Eagle to 35. You don't want to be
cheesy but you still want to be able to compete. It has less range but
more fp than a falcon, is also faster but has no transport cappacity.

Have you done any play testing?

Thomas