Re: [Epic] Guard tactics

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 17:41:26 -0400

A. Allen McCarley wrote:

> You must buy a commander for every three (or portion thereof) squads
> in your detatchment. At first this seems like a points disadvantage.
> However, note that this purchase requirement allows you to split your
> detatchment into three autonomous pieces and still keep all your stands
> within command.

        I don't think that would really work - all your
opponent has to do is pick off the 1 commander for one
of those autonomous pieces, and presto - 1/3 of your
detachment is now out of command and therefore useless.
With the chain of command, it doesn't look like it's
possible to split up detachemnts at all, multiple HQs
or not.

Scott
shupes_at_...