Re: [Epic] Guard tactics

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:28:14 -0400 (EDT)

Ah, but in this game, simply having a line of troops between the enemy and
your arty is good enough to keep them from being close assaulted. So, you
fire the rear guard at the assaulting unit, applying your detachment blast
markers to the rear guard, leaving your forward unit to fire effectivly.
Then, regardless of the outcome of the ensuing close assult/fire fight,
you wipe the assaulters with your arty next turn.

The cheese comes in when you consider that the rear unit probably hasn't
been fired at at all, and they're used to keep the forward unit firing at
peak efficiency.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune