Re: [Epic] Killer Indirect Barrages in E40K

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 13:23:58 -0400

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 11:25 AM 6/4/97 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >you missed my point
> >what they were talking about was allies
>
> >BTW haven't got books to hand
> >but how do Cultists compare with IG ?

        The chaos army list is up on my E40k page, you can check
out the cultist stuff there. Basically, a cultist detachment is
a lot like an IG infantry detachment - tanks & whatnots are only
available as support, so you have to take a bunch of infantry to
take any of the good stuff. Can't take IG arty, and Chimeras are
only available as Support (ie there's no option to mount cultists
in a Chimera) so making mechanized cultist detachments isn't easy.

> They are stright up the same, except for the organization, and a handful of
> units. My point was, that if you could take IG as allies, it would
> invalidate that entire portion of the army. Who would take cultist when you
> can get a better TOE using IG units? Not to mention the fact that you could
> take an all CSM force to get your 5 strategy, and reinforce them with
> Imperial titans or IG artillery. Basically, I think it would ruin the
> flavor AND be cheesy.

        Does the armies book mention what happens Strategy
Rating wise when it comes to allies? What would the SR be
of, say, IG allied with Eldar?

Scott
shupes_at_...