Re: [Epic] Guard tactics

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 21:58:44 -0400 (EDT)

Sean Smith <seans_at_...> writes:
> Also I am thinking of doing similar articles for other armies,
> would people on the list be interested in me posting these
> articles to the list when they are completed? Also are there any
> suggestions on how I could improve future articles?

I thought that Ogryns were capable of riding in Chimaeras,
only that they could not be bought in the same unit. So, if Chimaeras
were bought inthe support section, or the Guardsmen simply displaced
(I think both are legal, but my books are 300 miles away (Richard can
shorten this to IIRC)) then the Ogryns could be moved more quickly.
Wouldn't T-hawks also work? They're no longer Marine-only transports,
right? If so, they should be able to be placed within 45 cm of the
conflict, since flak fire only goes out that far.

        Also, using the Ogryns to defend the Heavy troopers may not
work, due to the disparity in armor. You'll either be so close that
the Heavies are shot down, or so far away that the Ogryns aren't
contributing to the fight. As a side effect of not having the books,
this hasn't really been tested.

Mark