Re: [Epic] Guard tactics

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 13:00:26 +1300

On Thu 05 Jun, Mark A Shieh wrote:
> Why does this sound like a rehashed Chaos Tatics article from
> 2nd edition? Reminds me of what to do when fielding a Khorne army
> with IG arty. (No offense to Sean, it's a fine article)
>
> But it really ticks me off that the ever-present standby, an
> IG Tactical trooper, is no longer useful for anything. Now they're
> about as good as a Guardian.
>
> Mark

No offense Taken Mark. I appreciate comment by other members of
the list pointing out the weakness or strengths of my article.
At least my articles give people a more accurate assessment of
the usefullness troop types than WD articles, which are only
designed to sell figures.

Also I am thinking of doing similar articles for other armies,
would people on the list be interested in me posting these
articles to the list when they are completed? Also are there any
suggestions on how I could improve future articles?

Mark by the way, there is a flaw in the article I posted. Ogryns
can't use Chrimeras. This means they are, of course, not very mobile.
So IG tactical troopers in Chrimeras could prove useful. The trick is
support Infantry Detachments with IG tactical troopers as their main
force with one or two armour detachments which have hellhound as their
main force. This gives you mobile infantry assault force. Just
treat the IG tactical as the cannonfodder, that takes the casualties
instead of the hellhounds, while the hellhounds do the real work.

--
 Sean Smith
 Home - Seans_at_...