Re: [Epic] [Epic40K] 1000pt Eldar Army list for critique

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 23:13:20 -0400

> Restrictions were no Titans or Flyers as that's the way we usually
> play our "fun" games.

I like the spirit.

> Eldar Warhost <This is main army detachment for general purpose use>
> Morale: 7 Reserve Speed: 30cm? Total Cost: 346
>
> Command: Farseer in Falcon 104
> Main
> 1: 2 Guardian Sqds in Falcons w/Psyker 84
> 2: 2 Guardian Sqds in Falcons w/Psyker 84
> 3: 2 Guardian Sqds in Wave Serpent 44
> 4: Swooping Hawk Sqd w/Exarch 15
> 5: Swooping Hawk Sqd w/Exarch 15

Nice and fast, they can definitely get where you want 'em quickly.
Guardians are very tricky to use properly, in my (very limited)
experience. Swooping Hawks are great. Make sure you keep these guys
very dispersed if you're facing anyone with artillery.

> Eldar Warhost <This will be my long range/heavy fire support
detachment>
> Morale:7 Reserve Speed: 10cm Total Cost: 303
>
> Command: Dark Reaper Sqd HQ 45
> Main:
> 1: Dark Reaper Sqd 20
> 2: Dark Reaper Sqd 20
> 3: Dark Reaper Sqd 20
> 4: Dark Reaper Sqd 20
> 5: 1 Scout Sqd 10
>
> Support:
> 1: Night Spinner 41
> 2: Night Spinner 41
> 3: Support Battery (2 units) 30
> 4: Dreadnaughts (2 units) 56

I really do like this one for fire support. Do you mind if I copy your
detachment? :-)

I would add another Night Spinner, though. Are you limited by models
here?

> Eldar Warhost <This will be my fast attack detachment>
> Morale:7 Reserve Speed: 40cm Total Cost:350
>
> Command: Farseer in Vyper 90
> Main:
> 1: Jetbike Squad (2 units) 30
> 2: Jetbike Squad (2 units) 30
> 3: Jetbike Squad (2 units) 30
> 4: Jetbike Squad (2 units) 30
> 5: Jetbike Squad (2 units) 30
>
> Support:
> 1: Vyper 22
> 2: Vyper 22
> 3: Vyper 22
> 4: Vyper 22
> 5: Vyper 22

Classic wind riders. I can't wait to field this type of detachment.
Unfortunately I don't have enough jet bikes or any vypers, yet. Again,
keep 'em dispersed (can you tell I play against a lot of Imperial
Guard?).

> There you have it! I have a question on the Exarch included with
the
> Swooping
> Hawk units. Would they slow the Hawks and the detachment Reserve
Speed to
> 15cm or are the stands considered to be at the speed of the main
unit?

Not if you were playing against me. The exarch just adds an extra
Assault, doesn't limit you in any way, shape or form (the only question
was regarding Dark Reapers, and that has been resolved favorably for
the Eldar).

> Also on the Dark Reaper detachment I wasn't sure how the command
unit
> worked.
> Is it considered a separate squad from the 5 main force units or is
it one
> of the main
> force units elevated to command status. Basically do I have 1 DR
Command
> Stand,
> 4 DR Main Force Stands and 1 Scout stand or 4 DR Stands <1 of which
is a
> Command
> Stand> and 1 Scout stand?

You have a total of 5 Dark Reaper stands. One is also the HQ, which
has been designated as such by paying an extra 25 points for that
stand.

Nice army!

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius