Re: [Epic] Guard tactics

From: Anders Persson <apersson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 13:51:37 +0200

I agree. Only one unit is HQ at any one time.

apersson :o)

----------
From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: Re: [Epic] Guard tactics
Date: 4. juni 1997 14.15

Ken Taborek wrote:

> On the other hand, it would also allow the Imperial player to "cheese" by
> leaving a unit behind as, say, artillery guard, and apply all blast
> markers to them, and fire the forward unit at full effect. My, what a
> run-on sentance that was! Of course, the rear unit would need a target
> soak the blast markers against.

Might just be a personal preference here, but if my artillery guard
actually had something in range I think I'd use all of my fp againt that
target and let the rest of the detachment look out for itself. Arty
getting overrun is usually a bad thing. I don't see how this is in any
way cheese tho, you're still losing fp to blast markers from somewhere.

More to the point, I'm pretty sure that there's only one unit, one
particlar vehicle or stand of infantry, that is the HQ from which all
command ranges are measured. Even though the IG chain of commad looks
like it would allow up to three simultaneous headquarters units, the HQ
rules imply that only one of them is considered the actual detachment
commander.

-Lemm