Eldar conversions (was:Re: [Epic] E40K Squats - LONG!!!)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 08:27:12 -0500

At 04:58 PM 6/4/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I only put 3 dark reapers per stand. I get more stands and I feel better
>about having the same stats as a marine dev. stand that has just 2 hvy wpns.
>Also I mount the Harlequins 3 to a stand. The solitaire of course is by
>himself and deathjesters are also. debating whether to mount the aspect
>warriors 3 or 5 to a stand. The warp spiders are going to be 3 due to the
>fact that they are just too damn big for all 5 to fit. Scouts should be 3
>I think also.
>Anyone think this is blasphemy?

Go for it. My favorite 2nd ed. warlock stand was my spirit host commander.
He had 2 banner bearers, a wraithgurard, and just the one warlock. It looks
cool.

While we are on the topic, does anyone have any ideas for doing
warlock/vyper, harlequin/jetbike, farseer/vyper, or Death Jester or
Solitaire conversions?

I came up with a couple tries at warlock vypers. For the first one I shaved
the gunner off, shaved the gunner off the chair, cut the warlock off the
base, shaved back of his robe flat (cuz it flares out), glued him to the
back of the bike, and glued the seat so it went under him and up his back to
just above his waist. It looks okay. For the second one I cut the gunner
off, removed the base from another bike, cut it down and rounded it off,
leaving the pedestal sticking up. I glued this under the back ot the bike
after modifying it so it would fit, and glued a warlock on top of it. A
banner pole coming off the pedestal completed it. It looks okay, but the
platform doesn't look quite right despite my best efforts to sculpt nicely
rounded curves. It's also not as sturdy as the other one, because there
isn't as much plastic in contact that can be glued.

Temp