Re: [Epic] [Epic40K] 1000pt Eldar Army list for critique

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 14:28:45 -0500

At 03:08 PM 6/5/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I hate to say this, because it goes against my instincts to follow the fluff,
>but dont take the farseer. even though one should be leading the detachment,
>at 75 points he's just too expensive.
> Your opponent has just bought 3 landraiders for this one guardian stand+hero
>and a falcon.

Whoops. I missed that. Try taking a Wraithguard stand, adding a warlock
and upgrading him to HQ. You get a 6 armor, an AT shot, and since all the
other infantry in the detachment are 15cm range, you don't really lose
anything in that respect. It comes out at about 54 pts + the falcon, IIRC.
Much cheaper, and almost as good as having a 4+ (was it 3+) armor and a
save, plus you get to trade 2 fp for an AT shot. You do lose 5cm move, but
I think it's worth it if you are riding anyway.

Temp