Re: [Epic] [Epic40K] 1000pt Eldar Army list for critique

From: Mike Stachowski <mlstack_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 15:46:14 -0400

Howdy Folks,
     Well it looks like I raised a arguable question on using Main Force
units
for Command. My take is that the general consensus is if I pay the +25
to upgrade 1 of my DR stands to Command status it doesn't take up one
of the slots in my Main Force listing, correct?

     BTW I only added the Scout Sqd to reach the 300 pt plateau and
gain another Morale point. I also was thinking of using them to
put in the way of any unit attempting to CC this detachment to
absorb the first charging unit the maximum 60cm range. Thoughts
on that strategy?

    Re the Farseer in Command of the main force, I agree the points
on it suck and will try it both ways in my first battles with the army
Note you also gain yet another Psyker but that may be overkill with
the Psyker in the Main Force units. The 32 points I save could be
used to add a support unit to the force, any thoughts on what that should
be?

  My plan for use of the main force and having everyone mounted in
Falcons/Wave Serpents is to get them to the point of the battlefield
where I want to apply the main attack thrust and then dismount the
stands from the transports and use the transports behind the main
line to provide support for any CC's/Firefights and also provide some
long range fire to this detachment. Sound feasible?

    Thanks!

Later, Mike S.