Re: [Epic] [Epic40K] 1000pt Eldar Army list for critique

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 16:27:11 -0400 (EDT)

"Mike Stachowski" <mlstack_at_...> writes:
> Howdy Folks,
> BTW I only added the Scout Sqd to reach the 300 pt plateau and
> gain another Morale point. I also was thinking of using them to
> put in the way of any unit attempting to CC this detachment to
> absorb the first charging unit the maximum 60cm range. Thoughts
> on that strategy?

  If they double-team the scout, you're in trouble.

> Re the Farseer in Command of the main force, I agree the points
> on it suck and will try it both ways in my first battles with the army

  I'm of the opinion that the Warlock w/ Wraithguard may not be
particularly effective. Just put two more Warlocks in with your
guardians, and consider them expendable. Otherwise, the first or
second anti-tank shot coming your way is going to destroy that 50+
point Wraithguard. If you can avoid having one or two valuable units,
the anti-tank shots won't be quite as effective against you.

> Note you also gain yet another Psyker but that may be overkill with
> the Psyker in the Main Force units. The 32 points I save could be
> used to add a support unit to the force, any thoughts on what that should
> be?

        This goes against my previous advice, but I love Dreadnaughts,
and most people have plenty of them to spare. Not only that, they're
well balanced, and maneuverable. Sounds like what you wanted in this
detachment. Jack of all trades, master of none. Never worked in a GW
game before, but this is a new game.

> My plan for use of the main force and having everyone mounted in
> Falcons/Wave Serpents is to get them to the point of the battlefield
> where I want to apply the main attack thrust and then dismount the
> stands from the transports and use the transports behind the main
> line to provide support for any CC's/Firefights and also provide some
> long range fire to this detachment. Sound feasible?

        Tell us how it works out. Sounds good on paper. <duck>

I've got a psyker/supreme commander question for the Q&A.
Three guardian squads with warlocks are all that remains of a
detachment. One of the guardians is engaged in a Close Assault. The
second guardian is within 15cm of the first, but is not assaulted.
(adds +1 to total assault) The last guardian is within coherency but
not 15cm.

E= enemy G= guardian

EG1<-10cm->G2<-10cm->G3

How many psykers does the Eldar player have in this combat?

a)1
b)2
c)3

Which places would a supreme commander contribute to the combat by
allowing his reroll?
a)G1
b)G1 and G2
c)all 3

(I'm assuming that his answers for the two will be the same, and my
personal preference would be b)

Mark