Re: [Epic] [Epic40K] 1000pt Eldar Army list for critique

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 08:51:28 -0500

At 04:27 PM 6/5/97 -0400, you wrote:

> I'm of the opinion that the Warlock w/ Wraithguard may not be
>particularly effective. Just put two more Warlocks in with your
>guardians, and consider them expendable. Otherwise, the first or
>second anti-tank shot coming your way is going to destroy that 50+
>point Wraithguard. If you can avoid having one or two valuable units,
>the anti-tank shots won't be quite as effective against you.

Agreed, but I dont' see how you can avoid it. You have to have a commander,
and if you take a warlock, it has to be him. That means the minimum you can
get away with is a guardian (7 pts) w/ warlock (10 pts) and HQ (25 pts) =
42. I would take one or two as back up for 17 points, but you have to have
one pricy unit no matter what you do.

>I've got a psyker/supreme commander question for the Q&A.
>Three guardian squads with warlocks are all that remains of a
>detachment. One of the guardians is engaged in a Close Assault. The
>second guardian is within 15cm of the first, but is not assaulted.
>(adds +1 to total assault) The last guardian is within coherency but
>not 15cm.
>
>E= enemy G= guardian

>EG1<-10cm->G2<-10cm->G3
>
>How many psykers does the Eldar player have in this combat?
>
>a)1
>b)2
>c)3
>
>Which places would a supreme commander contribute to the combat by
>allowing his reroll?
>a)G1
>b)G1 and G2
>c)all 3
>
>(I'm assuming that his answers for the two will be the same, and my
>personal preference would be b)

Okay. Under the assault rules it specifies psykers "supporting the combat"
or something very similar. So this would mean 2 psykers (answer b).
However, under the Supreme Commander rules it says "only if the commander is
in close combat" or something like that, and specifically states that
members of his bodyguard do not count. Therefore only G1 (answer a) in your
example would allow a reroll (assuming it was a farseer supreme commander,
and not a guardian with an upgrade).

Temp