Re: [Epic] Guard tactics

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 10:22:57 -0400

Elias Tiliakos wrote:

[diagram snipped]
> > If the enemy rolls 3 dice and rolls 3, 3, & 6, you'd lose
> >two heavies and an Ogryn because the heavies are the closest units
> >that can be affected by the 3's and the Ogryn is the closest unit
> >that can be affected by the 6.
>
> Huh, I always took the shooting rules to mean that in the situation you
> described, one Ogryn stand would be killed (by the 6), one Ogryn stand
> would be unaffected (by a 3) and one Heavy stand would be killed (by the
> other 3). So, net effect is one Ogryn and one Heavy, with one die pinging
> off of the Ogryn's armor.

        I wish I could provide a page number, but I don't have the
rule books with me now. Read the shooting phase section of the rule
book closely and you'll see what I'm talking about.

        It would be nice if you could stick some high armor targets
out in front of your vulnerable stuff to keep it alive, but the rules
seem to be written to specifically prohibit that tactic from working.

Scott
shupes_at_...