Re: [Epic] painting marines

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 13:00:04 -0500

sauron1 wrote:
> can,t see that well
> to paint the rim on an epic SM anymore.

How did you did it when you did see well enough? :-) I'd like to
do it, but I can see the frustration coming already.

>My sons earlier this year
> convertted all my spare epic terminators to a version of Epic Space
> Hulk.It played well and got a lot of hits on the discussion group.

I did the same thing a year or two ago, but used regular space marines,
devastators for flamers, and the sergeant guys. I was using graph
paper for the map, and I think Terminators might have been too big.

By the way, how did they do blips? I used construction paper glued
to sheet magnets for counters, and didn't think they would stay well
with paper on both sides. So my blips have letters on them, and you
draw the "real" blips from a cup and put them in an ordered row near
the board. The letter on the little magnetic blip specifies which
big blip it represents, to keep track of how many genestealers each
represented. It worked, but I didn't like it much (the blip part,
that is--the game overall worked fine).

andy
askinner_at_...