Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- different list

From: Michael and Christina King <kingcm_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 12:06:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Excerpts from Epic: 3-Jun-97 Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats --.. by Michael
> King_at_...
> > There is a big discrepancy between the 40K units stats and cost, yet
> > in Epic 40K the firepower is 2 for all the above squads.
>
> Heh. Interesting; thanks for all the stat lines. Not sure what to do
> with 'em, though....

I was trying to point out that there is large differences between the
different heavy weapons squads in 40K yet in E40K they all have the Heavy
Weapon ability. Noone has 2x Heavy Weapon or Heavy Weapon+ Rapid Fire.

> >I can't
> > remember the stat line for Squats that was posted earlier but this is
> > what I think their base stat line should look like:
> > Speed 5 Range 30 Firepower 1 Assault 3 Armor 4+ Special Stubborn
> > Reasoning, Squat stats look very similar to Orks, the differences being
> > slower movement, better in hand to hand and high leadership. Base cost
> > 10 points per stand.
>
> Not if they only move 5 cm, my friend. They would get *nowhere* over
> the course of a game. I can *maybe* see reducing Squats to an 8 cm
> move, but even that seriously hurts 'em, especially since they've never
> (AFAIK) gotten jump packs for the Berserkers.

Well Eldar move 5 in 40K and get a 15cm move in E40K, Marines/ Orks move 4
in 40K and get a 10cm move in E40K. Extrapolation get the Squats at 3 in
40K to 5cm in E40K. You are probably right though that would hose the
Squats big time.

> Assault 3 is also a tad high, IMO, though I guess they do have the same
> WS as a Space Marine. But if you slow 'em down, they'll never get to
> use it... and besides, Orks only have an AF of 2. <shrug> Must be the
> armour. Or just GW and it's usual hard-on for Marines.

Orks have a lower Weapon Skill than Marines, Squats have the same WS. I
just remember playing my first game of 40K versus Squats and getting a
50% kill rate in H2H because the Squats were better in H2H than I
thought they were.

> Aaron Teske
> Mithramuse+_at_...

- Michael