Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- different list

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 22:40:07 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 3-Jun-97 Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats --.. by Michael
King_at_...
> There is a big discrepancy between the 40K units stats and cost, yet
> in Epic 40K the firepower is 2 for all the above squads.

Heh. Interesting; thanks for all the stat lines. Not sure what to do
with 'em, though....

>I can't
> remember the stat line for Squats that was posted earlier but this is
> what I think their base stat line should look like:
> Speed 5 Range 30 Firepower 1 Assault 3 Armor 4+ Special Stubborn
> Reasoning, Squat stats look very similar to Orks, the differences being
> slower movement, better in hand to hand and high leadership. Base cost
> 10 points per stand.

Not if they only move 5 cm, my friend. They would get *nowhere* over
the course of a game. I can *maybe* see reducing Squats to an 8 cm
move, but even that seriously hurts 'em, especially since they've never
(AFAIK) gotten jump packs for the Berserkers.

Assault 3 is also a tad high, IMO, though I guess they do have the same
WS as a Space Marine. But if you slow 'em down, they'll never get to
use it... and besides, Orks only have an AF of 2. <shrug> Must be the
armour. Or just GW and it's usual hard-on for Marines.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...