Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats - Land Train proposal

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:23:37 -0700

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...> writes:
> > I'd have to say from experiance that 12 hits is closer to the correct
> > figure. In one battle where I had a strong suspicion my opponent was
> > going to take 2 Revenants, I bought a detachment of 6 Deathstrikes to
> > counter them. In the first turn, I prep-barraged them, scored 11 and 13
> > hits, he saved all but two on each, and both died. Point for point, I won
> > that exchange, but lost the battle anyway. :-/
>
> Deathstrikes can prep-barrage? And he ended his movement in
> range and LOS on turn 1? Ouch! I gotta dig up these army books once
> I move into a new place.
>
> Seriously though, do Deathstrikes have the artillery ability?
>
> Mark

Dunno that they can. Deathstrikes do not have the artillery special
ability. It looks like the artillery section (p.45 rules) only refers
to units with the artillery special ability (p.36 rules). However, with
typical gw muddleheadedness they wrote that artillery section (w/prep
bombardment) to refer to "artillery units" then included the
deathstrikes in a section of the armies book titled "artillery" (p.17).

Prep bombardment also works at the start of an opponent's movement,
though special orders are given before initiative is chosen.

Deathstrikes have unlimited range. I don't believe they are meant to
indirect fire or use preparatory bombardment. If they are, units are
never out of LOS of a deathstrike.

-Lemm