Re: [Epic] [Epic40K] 1000pt Eldar Army list for critique

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 13:40:26 -0400

> I agree. If they wanted to make regular units available in the
command
> slots, they would have listed them there. I think the promotion
> comes out of the regular units (so basically, there is no command
> unit in such a detachment). This would be consistent with ork flyers
> and battlefotress detachments, which have no units listed in their
> command sections, but instead simply nominate one of the regular
> units (which recieves no bonuses).

Take a look at the Space Marine Armour detachment in the sample army in
WD 209. The predator (standard unit) is the HQ and is listed in the
command slot but not in the main force slot. I see nothing wrong with
this as CO/XO type stuff could definitely be outside of standard force
structure. I mean, there are such folks as lieutenants and majors...
right?

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius