Re: [Epic] Buildings in E40k

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:40:37 -0400

Erik Rutins wrote:

> <whew> Good work all in all. I guess you've noticed by now that I
> really feel you should tone down the critical damage effects on the
> occupants of the building. That +2 armor won't mean much if folks stop
> shooting at the infantry 'cause they can get more bang for the buck by
> shooting at the building.

        That was the case in SM/TL, generally speaking (it wasn't
quite as bad as people make it out to be, but it wasn't good).

> Your catastrophic chart is great - I think
> in combination with a crit chart that hurts more building than infantry
> these will be very good rules. (IMHO)

        I have to agree that giving buildings assault & FP values
is fairly silly. With bunkers it's understandable because bunkers
are going to be defended & they are firmly on one army's side.
Normal buildings are not going to have guns and they're not on
anyone's side... Just state that you can't assault or firefight
normal buildings. I don't care how many guys armed with chainswords
and pistols attack a building, it ain't coming down. Back in the
good 'ole days (ie SM/TL =) buildings could only be CC'd by titans
with close combat weapons anyway.

Scott
shupes_at_...