Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- different list

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:12:29 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 10-Jun-97 Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats --.. by David
Lado_at_...
>...I agree that the squats should not have
> native flyers, since they don't need them (according to the pulp). I
> would instead give them access to mauraders and thunderbolts (or what
> ever the 2 impy flyers are). This would represent the idea that the
> squats have access to imperial technology (they probobly build them for
> the imperium), but simply never bothered to design their own, since they
> don't use them on their own worlds.
>
> This lets squat players keep their gyros as skimmers, but gives them
> access to playtested flyers with available minis. Otherwise, I would
> think a whole new unit needs to be invented to fill the gap, as I
> don't really like the notion of gyros or (even worse) blimps acting as
> flyers (certainly I don't see either of them dog fighting nightwings).

I like this idea! I'm glad tobe a part of this plan! ^_-

Seriously, that is a very good idea... while it may annoy GW (who is
trying to seperate Squats from the Imperium, it seems, at least in terms
of how people think of the 40K units) it works *very* well with the Epic
background. (Which I, being somewhat prejudiced, have always considered
to be a wonderful starting place for getting the Squats back into
40K....)

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...