Re: [Epic] Re: Buidings in E40k

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 11:13:21 -0400

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> I'm of the opinion that an assault on a building can be
> successful, IMHO. An AF on a building would then represend the
> difficulty for infantry to plant sufficient charges in the right
> places, or for demons to take out important support columns, etc.
> While a Marine is not about to take out the building with a massed
> Chainsword attack, they might be able to plant charges.

        But then there should be a chance of the building
falling on them, since you have to be inside to reach any
support columns. Also, it seems to me that an attempt to
bring the building down with hastily places charges (or
whatever) would not just cause the building to collapse on
itself, but rather to fall over in some direction.

> Firefights, OTOH... I think I might have to agree there, it's
> hard to hit anything vital from 10cm out.

Scott
shupes_at_...