Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats SHVs

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:49:48 -0700

David Lado wrote:

> I would actually go the other way. Give the squats only an empty
> leviathin chasis (same as normal leviathin minus megacannon).
>
> The squat player can them spend some amount of points (about 25pts)
> to fit any 3 of the following weapons:
>
> 1 mega cannon
> 2 Deathray
> 3 Heavy barrage
> 4 weapons battery (8 pts)
> 5 one shot missle racks (vortex missle)*
> 6 melta-cannons (4 AT with 15 cm range)
> 7 transport (4) **
> 8 Oversized plasma engine (+5 cm speed, +2 voidshields)*
>
> * can only be chosen once
> ** Free option

I like this.

The only _possible_ changes I _might_ make would be

Cyclops Gun (takes 2 spaces) Fires a Vortex Missile to a range of 60cm,
NOT one-shot.
Yes, I know this is a special. But not much of one, it's basically
similar to one of the Ordinatus thingies, but without a 6-turn limit,
and with a limited range. It nicely mimicks the 2nd ed weapon, and is
consistent in power the model's basic impressiveness.

> I think he means thunderers have 2 fp. I think this is the best option
> since it is simpler and more consistant with the other heavies. Also,
> as someone else pointed out, thunderers in SM/TL have identical shooting
> stats as thunderers and a fp of 2 in e40k.

Correct.

Smmary: Good post, Sir.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture