Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats SHVs

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:57:36 -0400 (EDT)

>> I would actually go the other way. Give the squats only an empty
>> leviathin chasis (same as normal leviathin minus megacannon).
>>
>> The squat player can them spend some amount of points (about 25pts)
>> to fit any 3 of the following weapons:
>>
>> 1 mega cannon
>> 2 Deathray
>> 3 Heavy barrage
>> 4 weapons battery (8 pts)
>> 5 one shot missle racks (vortex missle)*
>> 6 melta-cannons (4 AT with 15 cm range)
>> 7 transport (4) **
>> 8 Oversized plasma engine (+5 cm speed, +2 voidshields)*
>>
>> * can only be chosen once
>> ** Free option
>
>I like this.

Ooh, somebody actually liked this one. I was ready to let it lie on
the editing floor. But since you brought up... ;)

>The only _possible_ changes I _might_ make would be
>
>Cyclops Gun (takes 2 spaces) Fires a Vortex Missile to a range of 60cm,
>NOT one-shot.
>Yes, I know this is a special. But not much of one, it's basically
>similar to one of the Ordinatus thingies, but without a 6-turn limit,
>and with a limited range. It nicely mimicks the 2nd ed weapon, and is
>consistent in power the model's basic impressiveness.

I like. I definity has the feel of the old Hellfurry, though I think
it might be more appropriate for a unit with fixed weaponry selections
than to one with variable weapons (since I see abuse potential). It's
very squatish.

Given the comments that others have made, I would also say that option
6 (the AT shots) should be taken out. I have to agree that it is the
kind of weapons option that was weeded out from the old game. Also,
it might be best to take out option 8 (the extra void shields), or make
it an optional rule (if both players agree). I don't think it's over
powerful, but it does seem like a bit too much detail.

What's left are all standard titan weapons, the transport capability,
and the Hellfury. The Hellfury should definity cost alot, and take
2 weapon slots.

As for keeping track of them, I really don't think that will be a problem.
After all, they are written down. And I don't think it will be any harder
to keep track of who is armed with what than it will be to keep track of
how much damage each one has...

>From experience, I have never faced an opponent who played WYSIWYG with
his titans. Neither I nor they had any problems keeping the weapons
straight. They just jotted them down and I asked to know what each one
had at the start of the game. If I forgot I just asked what the titan
had. It was never a problem (even in late night games involving
artificially induced stupidity).

David