Re: [Epic] Question on Tyranid Biotitans

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:49:39 -0400

csalvato_at_... wrote:

> Okay, here's the question: Why does the Hierophant's and Hierodule's Razor Claw
> weapon have a range and firepower value? It's special abilities imply that it's
> a close assault weapon. Perhaps someold-timers could explain what's going on,
> perhaps what razor claws did in SM1 or SM2? I imagine a sort of "needle spray"
> sort of thing...

        All the e40k titan close combat weapons (except
for the Subjugator's Hell-Slicers) have range & FP values.
In the olden days there were only a few CC weapons that
had any kind of firepower at all (eldar powerfist, the
banelord's doomfist). But then most of the CC weapons
(the ones that weren't useless) worked against all units,
not just other titans (which sadly is no longer the case).
I guess they gave all the CC weapons some FP because
otherwise no one would take them - weapons that are
useful only against titans aren't that great if your
opponent doesn't take any...

        IIRC, the razor claw had no ranged attack. Or
maybe it had a short ranged cluster spine attack. Never
actually saw anyone use it since it was worthless in CC.

Scott
shupes_at_...