Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- After Review:

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:20:09 -0700

Peacekeeper-� wrote:

> (Let's see if people can read this.) How about make it a war engine
> with a Hvy Barrage and 1Dc. This way it would fire every turn. I suppose
> tere would have to be a special rule that you can give war engines
> with artillary special orders, but that is needed for the squats in
> general. Also, with 1Dc if would be fairly cheap and not need a crit chart.
>
> Probably about 80 pts or so would be good. I said this because it was a
> super heavy vehical in Sm2/Tl.
>
> -James

(Cool, it's completely legible w/Netscape.) I don't think making it a
WE is the best solution. WEs can't go on special orders, so they can't
prep bombard. Additional rules are undesirable, especially when they
exist only to "fix" one unit. WEs can move twice and shoot, it'd be
some truckin' artillery. Making this unit a WE would substantially
increase it's survivability because it would not be automatically
destroyed for not retreating from assaults and firefights.

Pretty much the same effect could be gained by giving it 2xbarrage (or
2x hvy. barrage, even) without resorting to the WE fix. Tho I still
don't see why the unit needs to change, just be priced according to it's
ability.

-Lemm