Re: [Epic] Titan Weapons

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 08:19:14 -0500

At 06:48 PM 6/11/97 -0400, you wrote:

> Range FP Notes
>AT Battery 45cm (2) 2xAT shots
>
> This would more accurately represent weapons like the TLD
>or the Plasma Blastgun that do not fit neatly into either the Death
>Ray or the HWB categories.

I like this idea. The stats are good.

> The only thing I'm wondering about is whether 2 AT shots
>is comparable to 8 FP or a DRay shot. Maybe 3 ATs would be more
>appropriate?

I think it's fine at 2. Two ATs have less chance to score a hit than a
death ray (1/2 chance to miss*1/2 = 1/4 chance for both to miss), but has a
1/4 chance to score 2 hits, and averages slightly better than the death ray.
It is better in firefights, and harder to suppress, but has shorter range,
and no auto-critical. Sounds like a fair balance to me. Besides, it's
always better to err on the side of being too weak, than too strong when
trying new rules.

Temp