Re: [Epic] [Epic40k] Blast Markers and Firepower

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:10:51 -0500

At 09:26 AM 6/12/97 -0700, you wrote:

>[example: 4fp at 90cm and 16fp at 45cm will become 20fp at 45cm when the
>detachment collects 4 BMs. I suppose the 4fp could still be fired up to
>90cm for the purposes of placing BMs on opposing detachments, but with
>no possibility of causing hits]

No, that's not right. In your example, you still have 4fp at 90cm and 16fp
at 45cm. You first allocate the fp as you wish. As an example, we'll say 4
fp at a valuable unit at 60cm, and the rest at a unit at 30cm. Then you
allocate BMs. In this case, 2 to the close unit, due to the 16fp, and a
possible one for the long unit, pending any casualties (the 1-7 fp result).
Then you subtract effective fp due to BMs (or assault orders). Let's use 5
BMs as a number. To subtract them, I would take all of them from the 16fp
block, because I want to inflict as much damage as possible to the farther
unit (or I wouldn't have fired at it to begin with). That leaves 4fp at
long range and 11fp on the close unit. Then you calculate dice and roll to
hit. If you damage the far unit, you have to remember to go back and place
a BM.

So that's:
1) assign FP
2) assign BMs (to target unit)
3) reduce FP for assault orders or BMs on firing unit
4) calculate dice and roll for casualties

Now, if all the target units were more than 45cm away in our example, then
you could only assign 4 fp (the long range ones). That means when you
reduced effective fp by 5, you could inflict no casualties.

Does that clarify suppression effects? Or does it make it incredibly confusing?

Temp