Re: [Epic] Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: Justin Ho <iluvatar_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 00:26:21 -0700

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> Third, the best way for titans to gain experience is using the
>titan objectives, which are almost universally despised as being
>unbalancing on this list.
>
> Temp

  Actually, I don't like the Titan missions that much myself. My Titans
have all gotten exp by destroying the enemy and seizing objectives. Once
a Warlock Titan gets Dodge, it's a lot more survivable, to the point of
stepping in front of a Revenant to protect it! Enemy Titans provide big
chunks of exp which is why my Titan has so many. He's taken out 3
Hierodules (2 in CC) among a whole bunch of other fleshy Tyranids.
   If barrages are a problem, you can always put the Titan in some cover
like some rubble or forest until the Imperial artillery is taken out by
pop out forces or jetbikes. Once the Titan gets Dodge, it's possible to
use it more aggressively.
   Finally, if enough Falcons or Tempests are popping up, they present a
much greater threat than one Titan so the opponent's more likely to
devote shots to the pop ups instead of the Titan.

                                                Justin